Official Rules and Regulations
$10K A Day
OLG Slots and Casinos, Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
Feburary 1 – March 1, 2018
PROMOTION ELIGIBILITY AND CHANCES OF WINNING:
- $10K A Day (the “Promotion“) is sponsored by Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (“OLG”) and is open to residents of Canada and the United States of America, who (at the time of participation) are: (i) valid Winner’s Circle Rewards (“WCR”) members; (ii) nineteen (19) years of age or older; and (iii) not inactive, self-excluded, archived or trespassed, all as determined by OLG in its sole discretion. Volunteers, employees, officers and directors of OLG, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”) or any of OLG’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies, or an employee of an OLG operator, service provider or any other designate operating lottery schemes on OLG’s behalf, or any affiliate thereof, are not eligible to participate.
- This Promotion is intended to be conducted separately and with a distinct set of Official Rules and Regulations from all other $10K a Day offers and promotions being administered by OLG.
- In the event a selected entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements stated herein, then OLG has no obligation to award any prize in relation to that selected entrant.
- This Promotion takes place between 12:01am on February 1, 2018 and 12:00pm on March 1, 2018.
- The chance of being selected in any draw at a Site (defined below in Rule 7) is dependent on the number of entries received for that draw at that Site.
- As noted above in Rule 1, this Promotion is open only to WCR members. There is no fee payable to obtain a WCR membership, but OLG is not responsible for any delays in the processing of WCR membership applications. NO PLAY IS REQUIRED.
- This Promotion takes place at OLG Casino Brantford; OLG Slots at Ajax Downs;; OLG Slots at Flamboro Downs; OLG Slots at Grand River Raceway; OLG Slots at Mohawk Racetrack; and OLG Slots at Woodbine Racetrack (each, a “Site,” and collectively, the “Sites”).
HOW TO ENTER (No Purchase Necessary):
There is only one (1) way to obtain Ballots, as outlined below;
- WCR SWIPE: Beginning on February 1, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. (or applicable Site opening, if later) up to and including February 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (or applicable Site closing, if earlier), eligible patrons may present their valid WCR card at the WCR desk, or swipe their valid WCR card at a WCR Express kiosk at the Site of issue to receive one (1) ballot (each, a “Ballot” and collectively, the “Ballots”) for the Promotion. There is a limit of one (1) Ballot per eligible patron, per day – (defined as 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.) across all sites. Eligible patrons will not be able to receive a Ballot after 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2018.
DAILY DRAWS AND PRIZES:
- There are a total of twenty-eight (28) prizes available to be won at the Site beginning on February 1, 2018 up to and including February 28, 2018 (the “Promotional Period”). The draws will take place electronically Monday to Friday, before 12:00pm, from February 2, 2018 to March 1, 2018 for the previous promotional day(s) as indicated below:
|Promotional Day||Electronic Draw Day*|
|Thursday, February 1, 2018||Friday, February 2, 2018|
|Friday, February 2, 2018||Monday, February 5, 2018|
|Saturday, February 3, 2018||Monday, February 5, 2018|
|Sunday, February 4, 2018||Monday, February 5, 2018|
|Monday, February 5, 2018||Tuesday, February 6, 2018|
|Tuesday,February 6, 2018||Wednesday, February 7, 2018|
|Wednesday, February 7, 2018||Thursday, February 8, 2018|
|Thursday, February 8, 2018||Friday, February 9, 2018|
|Friday, February 9, 2018||Monday, February 12, 2018|
|Saturday, February 10, 2018||Monday, February 12, 2018|
|Sunday, February 11, 2018||Monday, February 12, 2018|
|Monday, February 12, 2018||Tuesday, February 13, 2018|
|Tuesday, February 13, 2018||Wednesday, February 14, 2018|
|Wednesday, February 14, 20187||Thursday, February 15, 2018|
|Thursday, February 15, 2018||Friday, February 16, 2018|
|Friday, February 16, 2018||Monday, February 19, 2018|
|Saturday, February 17, 2018||Monday, February 19, 2018|
|Sunday, February 18, 2018||Monday, February 19, 2018|
|Monday, February 19, 2018||Tuesday, February 20, 2018|
|Tuesday, February 20, 2018||Wednesday, February 21, 2018|
|Wednesday, February 21, 2018||Thursday, February 22, 2018|
|Thursday, February 22, 2018||Friday, February 23, 2018|
|Friday, February 23, 2018||Monday, February 26, 2018|
|Saturday, February 24, 2018||Monday, February 26, 2018|
|Sunday, February 25, 2018||Monday, February 26, 2018|
|Monday, February 26, 2018||Tuesday, February 27, 2018|
|Tuesday, February 27, 2018||Wednesday, February 28, 2018|
|Wednesday, February 28, 2018||Thursday, March 1, 2018|
*Each day in this category an “Electronic Draw Day” and collectively the “Electronic Draw Days”.
- Ballots will automatically be deposited in the electronic draw drum and will qualify only for the first upcoming draw time following such deposit. They will not qualify for subsequent draws (if any) and the draw drum will be emptied after each draw time.
- The Draws will take place electronically on the dates listed in Rule 9, at the discretion of OLG. All eligible WCR members who received a draw ballot on a promotional day during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Draw. There is a maximum of one (1) Ballot per patron per day. Except at the discretion of OLG, backup Ballots will not be drawn. Eligible Ballots selected during each Draw will not be entered into successive Draws.
Prizes consist of the following:
- One (1) draw will take place each Electronic Draw Day from February 2, 2018 up to and including March 1, 2018 as indicated by Rule 9 for the following:
- One (1) prize of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00 CAD) Cash
- OLG reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Promotion mechanics stipulated in these Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”), to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any eligible patron, Ballot or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of OLG, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Promotion as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
- If it is discovered by OLG (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by OLG) that any eligible patron (or any other person or entity purporting to be an eligible patron) has attempted to use multiple names, identities, WCR memberships, WCR cards and/or any other means not sanctioned by these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Promotion, then they may be disqualified from participating in the Promotion, and subsequent offers and promotions, in the sole and absolute discretion of OLG.
- Except at the discretion of OLG, backup Ballots will not be drawn. Eligible Ballots selected during each draw will not be placed back into the draw drum.
- NON-WINNING BALLOTS DO NOT CARRY FORWARD FROM ONE PERIOD TO ANY SUBSEQUENT PERIOD(S). THEREFORE, IF YOU WANT A CHANCE TO WIN IN RELATION TO A GIVEN PERIOD, THEN YOU MUST OBTAIN AT LEAST ONE (1) BALLOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES DURING THAT PERIOD.
- All Ballots will remain at the Site at which they were entered for ninety (90) days after the end of the Promotion. After ninety (90) days, the Ballots will be destroyed.
- Selected entrant(s) do not have to be in attendance at the time of the prize draws in order to win. If the selected winners announced do not present themselves to the Winner’s Circle Rewards desk (or MC) within ten (10) minutes following the draw, attempts will be made to award the prize to the selected winners by contacting the selected winners. The first attempt will be made within 24 hours of when the prize draw took place. The second attempt will be made seven (7) days after the first attempt. Winners will have ten (10) days from the first attempt of contact to claim the prize. Attempts will be made to contact the selected winners at their telephone number (as recorded in the OLG database) if the member has provided phone consent, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. or by email (as recorded in the OLG database), if the member has provided email consent, or by regular mail (as recorded in the OLG database), if the member has provided mail consent, to arrange a time to visit the WCR desk at the Site to claim their prize. The selected winner is responsible for returning any telephone or email message left by the WCR representative within the time frame stipulated in the message in order to remain eligible to win the prize. If selected winner does not have phone, email or mail consent, then a note will be added to the member’s account and if, within the time specified above, the member returns to the Site, the staff member will attempt inform the winner of the prize. If, at the end of the above mentioned time period, the selected winner has not been contacted or otherwise declared a winner for that prize, they will no longer be eligible to receive the prize.
- Prior to being confirmed as a winner, a selected eligible winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, OLG reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- If, at the end of the above mentioned time period, a selected eligible winner has not been contacted or otherwise declared a winner for the applicable prize in accordance with these Rules, then they will no longer be eligible to receive the applicable
- The prize must be claimed at the Site, in person within the time limits specified. In order to claim the prize, the patron must present valid government issued photo identification. OR their valid WCR card together with an acceptable (as determined by OLG) form of valid government-issued non-photo identification.
- If a selected eligible winner does not claim the prize within time limits specified, the prize will not be awarded and OLG has no obligation to award any substitute prizes.
- The prizes are transferable once awarded and must be accepted as awarded. OLG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize or a component thereof with a prize or prizes of equal or greater retail value.
- Patrons can win multiple draws if eligible.
- Once received by OLG, all entries and coupons/vouchers/ballots will be at all times the property of OLG and none will be returned. Entries and coupons/vouchers/ballots which have been obtained or made through fraudulent means or which are illegible, altered, reproduced, damaged, or irregular (all as determined by OLG in its sole discretion), are subject to disqualification. OLG, the AGCO, OLG’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Offer, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for entries, coupons/vouchers/ballots which are lost, destroyed, misdirected, or delayed for any reason whatsoever, or for the Site’s capacity constraints or for the removal or the non-removal of any patrons, or for any incorrect or inaccurate data in the WCR database, any incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, visual or printing errors, or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone, computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Where such failures cannot be corrected immediately or within a reasonable time frame (as determined by OLG in its sole discretion) to allow for a continuation of the Promotion, the Site may, at the Site’s option, use a manual back up system and/or disqualify the affected participant. All decisions of the Site(s) with respect to this Promotion are final and binding, without right of appeal.
- BY PARTICIPATING, EACH ELIGIBLE PATRON AGREES THAT THE PROMOTION (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING: (I) THE USE OF ANY ENTRY (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE RESPONSE); (II) PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITIES; (III) ANY USE, COLLECTION, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION; AND/OR (IV) IF DECLARED A WINNER, ANY PRIZES (INCLUDING ANY USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZES). THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY EACH ELIGIBLE PATRON IN THE EVENT IT IS DISCOVERED THAT THE ELIGIBLE PATRON HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT OTHERWISE FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES. THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE PROMOTION AND/OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZES.
- NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL OLG OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS THEM AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES, EVEN IF SUCH PERSON IS ANNOUNCED AS THE WINNER OR ELIGIBLE WINNER.
- It is the participating patron’s responsibility to verify, where applicable, that the WCR membership number appearing on the ballot or print out is the same as the membership number appearing on the patron’s WCR card. OLG will not be responsible for typing or keying errors, when swiping or keying in the membership number.
- WCR members who have indicated no phone consent on their account may not be telephoned by OLG for any reason.
- WCR members who have indicated no email consent on their account may not be emailed by OLG for any reason.
- WCR members who have indicated no mail consent on their account may not be mailed by OLG for any reason.
- No substitutions or equivalent cash payments will be made, save for OLG’s right, at its sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater value. Except as specifically provided herein, unclaimed gifts/prizes will not be awarded.
- All participants must present valid government-issued photo identification upon request.
- As per the WCR program rules and regulations (contained within the WCR application) any WCR card used in this Promotion can only be swiped by the named cardholder. The use of any other person’s WCR card(s) to participate in this Promotion will result in any issued coupons/vouchers/ballots being null and void and ineligible to win any draws and/or prizes.
- OLG reserves the right to deny an entrant or reject an entrant once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper.
- In the event that a selected entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements stated in these Rules, then OLG has no obligation to award any prize(s) to that entrant.
- A selected entrant may be required to sign, before receiving a gift or prize, a declaration and release, confirming (among other things) promotion eligibility, compliance with these Rules and releasing OLG including any management agency and any independent judging organization from any liability in connection with the conduct of the Promotion and/or the awarding of the prizes. A selected entrant hereby agrees to the use of their name as stated on the Audio/Visual release form, and address of the claimant (valid Government-issued photo ID will be required).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the Promotion, or awarding prizes in the event of circumstances beyond OLG’s control, and OLG may, at its sole discretion, change or alter this Promotion (and/or amend these Rules), as OLG deems necessary in its sole discretion. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, OLG, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to delay the timing of any draw for up to fifteen (15) minutes or otherwise amend the timing of any other element of this Promotion to satisfy any customer service or promotional integrity issues resulting from uncontrollable circumstances, and this includes the right to similarly extend the time period(s) available to patrons to receive and/or submit ballots/entries.
- OLG reserves the right to change or alter this Promotion, as it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, making changes or alterations to these Rules relating to the accommodation of participants in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
- Any personal information provided to or collected by OLG and the 3rd party contest administrator, including but not limited to entrants’ contact information, is collected pursuant to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999 and is intended to be used for the following principal purposes: to conduct and administer the contests by OLG or through a 3rd party contest administrator, including but not limited to the awarding of the prize(s) and referring to such personal information in voice messages or other messages left for a selected entrant, and to comply with legal requirements. For further information see the WCR desk, or call the OLG at 1-800-387-0098.
- Patrons with self-excluded, trespassed or archived status, as determined by OLG, will not be eligible for any gifts/prizes associated with this or any contests, promotions, tournaments or giveaways at any gaming facility at which OLG conducts and manages gaming.
- Members with a valid WCR account that has been designated as ‘Inactive Status’ may, in the discretion of OLG, claim their prize at time of reactivation, but are not eligible to receive the ‘New Member Program’ offers. See Official New Member Program Rules and Regulations for details.
- Your name may be announced on the gaming floor. See WCR desk for more information.
- These Rules govern this Promotion and must be followed by all entrants at all times. By agreeing to participate in the Promotion, all entrants agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, these Rules.
- All references to times and dates reflect Eastern Time.
- This Promotion is subject to the Laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal Laws of Canada, as applicable.
- Headings in these Rules are for convenience purpose only and do not affect the interpretation of the terms contained herein.
Any questions relating to this program please visit the Winner’s Circle Rewards
Desk or contact the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
Pour obtenir ce document en français, passez au comptoir Récompenses du Cercle des