Official Rules & Regulations
OLG Casino Brantford, Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
April 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018
- The Poker Tournaments (individual the “Poker Tournament”, collectively the “Poker Tournaments”) is sponsored by Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (“OLG”) and is open to residents of Canada and the United States of America, who (at the time of participation) are: (i) nineteen (19) years of age or older; and (ii) not inactive, self-excluded, archived or trespassed, all as determined by OLG in its sole discretion. Volunteers, employees, officers and directors of OLG, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”) or an employee of an OLG operator, service provider or any other designate operating lottery schemes on OLG’s behalf, or any of OLG’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies are not eligible to participate.
- In the event a selected entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements stated herein, then OLG has no obligation to award any prize in relation to that selected entrant.
- These Tournaments will take place at OLG Casino Brantford (the “Site”).
REGISTRATION, ENTRY & SEATING:
- Registration: The Site will determine if they will offer either onsite and/or phone registration. Registration will be on a first come, first served basis. All registrations must be paid in full at time of registration, unless special arrangements have been made with the Site.
- Phone Registration (if offered): This option is available by calling 1-888-694-6946. All phone registrations must be completed using the caller’s personal Credit Card, unless special arrangements have been made with the Site. Phone registrations are limited to ten (10) reservations per participant, per card used.
- Participants are responsible for checking their Tournament entry receipts before they leave the registration window. Telephone pre-registrants can obtain their receipt in person at the Site prior to the Tournament day.
- Transfers: Registration is transferable up to twenty four (24) hours prior to the commencement of the Tournament. To transfer registration, both parties must be present at the Site and provide valid government-issued photo identification and Winner’s Circle Rewards (“WCR”) card, if applicable, to complete the process.
- Refunds: All refunds must be requested twenty four (24) hours prior to the commencement of any Tournament. Administration fees will be withheld for all refunds.
- Late Arrivals: If the participant is not present at the start of the Tournament, all forced antes and blinds bets will be removed from an absent player’s stack accordingly. If the participant shows up and still has chips remaining, the patron may play their chips.
- Late registration: This is permitted at the discretion of the Site, and subject to seating and staffing availability, and can generally remain open until the conclusion of the 4th blind level. A late registrant is defined as a player that registers for a Tournament after the Tournament has officially started. These players will receive a full starting stack of Tournament chips.
- Seat Assignment: Entrants will be assigned to a table and seat through a random selection process using a method either computerized or manual.
- A random seating draw for the Tournaments will be determined based on registered (expected) participation. Tournament management reserves the right to add or reduce table seating beyond expected capacity. At the discretion of the Site, Tournament tables may seat up to eleven (11) patrons. All participants should arrive at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of the Tournament.
- Once a Tournament is sold out, players may add their name to the waiting list with the Poker Host. This list will be used as follows:
- If the Tournament allows back fill, then the players on the list will enter in order of the list.
- If additional seats are made available for the Tournament, seats will be sold to players on the list that are present first.
- Back Fill: Back Fill is defined as an option to re-sell the vacated seats of players that have been eliminated from the Tournament. At the discretion of the Site, specific events may allow Back Fill. These players will receive a full starting stack of Tournament chips. This option can generally be available until the conclusion of the 4th blind level.
- Receipt of payment will be presented to the Tournament staff in the Poker Room.
- Each Tournament will start at a pre-prescribed date and time as determined by the Site. Tournament details can be obtained by visiting the Site or OLGPoker.com.
- Tournament times are approximate. The Site reserves the right to change and Tournament times in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Site is not responsible for any participants unable to attend any Tournament for any reason.
- The Site may cancel, modify, relocate or reschedule any Tournament for any reason. In the event that the number of eligible persons that register for any Tournament day is less than ten (10), than the Site reserves the right to cancel that Tournament and no prizes will be awarded. All entries (including administration fee) will be fully refunded in the event of cancellation.
- OLG is not responsible for electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by OLG, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions, any of which may limit, restrict, or prevent a participant’s ability to participate in the Tournament.
- OLG is not responsible for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation in Tournaments and is not liable for any acts or omissions by employees, whether negligent or willful, in the conduct of the Tournaments, and is not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunction. This includes, but is not limited to, any loss of any Tournament chips players leave at playing tables during tournament play, except during authorized breaks.
- If for any reason the Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of OLG that corrupt or affect the administration, administration of points, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Tournament, OLG reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the tournament.
TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE AND PRIZING:
- All Tournaments are No-Limit Texas Hold’em Poker unless stated otherwise.
- All references to cash and prizes are in Canadian Dollars.
- The Site reserves the right to alter the starting chip stack, time per level and betting structure any time at the discretion of tournament management.
- Non-value Tournament chips are used for the Tournament and are the exclusive property of OLG and may not be removed from the Tournament area or the assigned event. Players found to be transferring chips from one event to another or from one (1) player to another will be subject to penalty in accordance with the tournament rules.
- All Tournaments will be Freeze – Out Tournaments unless stated otherwise.
- Unless mentioned in the event description, participants can only register once per Tournament
- Re-buys/Re-Entry: Re-buy/Re-Entry is defined as the option to re-enter into the same Tournament by paying another full entry plus administration fee after being depleted of all their Tournament chips. This option is available one (1) time only per Tournament and these players will receive a full starting stack of tournament chips. At the discretion of OLG Casino Brantford, specific events may allow rebuy/re-entry. This option can generally be available until the conclusion of the 4th blind level.
- Bounty Tournaments:
- Each player is issued a Bounty chip at the commencement of a Bounty Tournament. Players are responsible for the Bounty chip(s) and are required to have their Bounty chip(s) in front of their tournament chip stacks at all times during play. The Bounty chip(s) may not be placed in or on a stack of Tournament chips.
- When all-in, the Bounty chip(s) must be placed in the pot and be clearly visible. Failure to produce the Bounty can result in a penalty up to disqualification and/or elimination from the Tournament.
- When a player is eliminated and there is a resulting split pot, those players split the Bounty chips equally. Where it is not possible to split the Bounty chip(s) equally, the odd Bounty chip is awarded to the player in the closest position clockwise from the button.
- Satellite Tournaments:
- A maximum number of entries into the predetermined Tournament will be awarded to each qualifying place from the satellite tournament prize pool. Yea Once a payout for a place is less than the entry cost for the predetermined tournament, that place will be awarded a single cash prize paid out with chips or prize voucher.
- Sit and Go Tournaments:
- Sit & Go single table tournaments begin when they are sold out (10 players) and announced by the tournament supervisor / inspector. Tournaments are subject to table and staff availability. A full refund will be offered in the case where a table and/or staff are not available at the time when the tournament is ready to commence.
- It is the players’ responsibility to be at the announced table when the game begins.
- Refunds will not be allowed after a game has been called. Players can find out the status of their Sit & Go by asking the tournament supervisor / inspector.
- Refunds will be done at the Cashiers Cage. Participants who are eligible for refunds will be refunded both the Buy-in and the Administration Fee.
- Receipt of payment will be presented to the tournament staff at the Sit & Go table prior to being allowed to play.
- Breaks: Chip denomination removal and breaks may be altered the day of the event. Generally, a ten (10) minute break will be every four (4) rounds for tournaments with levels less than forty (40) minutes and will be every two (2) rounds when levels are forty (40) minutes or longer. A forty (40) minute dinner break, approximately seven (7) hours into an event, may be added at the discretion of the tournament manager for events where levels are forty (40) minutes or longer.
- Play will continue until a winner is determined. In tournaments where a winner hasn’t been determined by 2:00 a.m. and the ‘Final Table’ has been reached, the tournament management reserves the right to offer the option to resume play the following day at 12:00 p.m. If the option is offered to the ‘Final Table’, the players will decide based on a majority. Any player not in attendance when a table resumes the following day will have their starting chips blinded out and will be paid in position at the end of the Tournament.
- Betting structure will be raised, changed or altered in any way at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Prizes are non-transferable. Prize structures depend on the number of entrants and type of event. The prize pool is comprised of all valid tournament buy-ins. A credit card buy-in that is not authorized by the purchaser’s signature prior to any prize payment being made is not considered valid and will not be included in the tournament prize pool. The Site, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to determine the validity of any credit card purchase. Tournament details can be attained by visiting an OLG Casino or OLGPoker.com.
- To claim a prize, valid government-issued photo identification and a valid WCR card will be required.
- Prize payments will be made either with chips or an OLG Prize voucher that may only be redeemed for cash at the Cage Cashier, at OLG Casino Brantford. The OLG Prize voucher will have the following copy on it:
- Customer’s name, prize amount, and Winner’s Circle Rewards number if applicable.
- Each winner must redeem the OLG Prize voucher within twenty-four (24) hours of the date of issue, at the Cage Cashier the participating OLG Casino, failing which the prize will not be awarded and OLG will have no obligation to award any prize to that winner. Unclaimed prize vouchers will be delivered to the Cage.
- Presentation of valid Government issued photo identification and WCR card are required prior to the redemption of an OLG Prize voucher. The Cage Cashiers will be required to match the name on the OLG Prize voucher with the prize list by Tournament management. The winning participant will be asked to sign the OLG Prize voucher in front of the Cage Cashier in order to receive the cash.
- The prizes for the Tournament day will be distributed as follows:
|Rank||30 or Less Entries||31-40 Entries||41-50 Entries||51-60 Entries||61-70 Entries||71-80 Entries||81-100 Entries|
- The winners of the cash prizes will be issued an OLG prize voucher that may only be redeemed for cash at the Cage Cashier of the Site (must present valid Government Photo Identification***). The OLG Prize Voucher will have the following copy on it:
- Customer’s name; prize amount; and WCR number if applicable.
- Each winner must redeem the OLG prize voucher within seven (7) days of the date of issue at the Cage Cashier at the Site, failing which the prize will not be awarded and OLG will have no obligation to award any prize to that winner.
- All OLG Prize Vouchers not claimed as provided above will be delivered to the Site. These unclaimed OLG Prize Vouchers will be kept in the cage for seven (7) days following the tournament date, after which, unclaimed cash prize(s) will not be awarded and OLG will have no obligation to award any cash prize to those winner(s).
- At all times during Tournament play; a Site Pit Manager (Poker Tournament Coordinator) will be available to ensure that the tournament is conducted in accordance with the official rules.
- Notwithstanding rule 1, The Site reserves the right to deny an applicant or reject an applicant, once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper. The final right of decision to include or disqualify any participant(s) or finalist(s) rests with the Casino Shift Manager or above, of the Site.
- The Site reserves the right to cancel or alter the Poker Tournament for any reason, at any time or from time to time, including on or before each tournament date. If cancelled, all participants will be notified and no liability will be attached to OLG.
- The Site and its’ respective directors, employees and agents are not liable for any claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses the participants or finalists may incur while taking part in, or resulting from the participation in the Poker Tournament.
- Seats are non-transferable.
- All references to times and dates reflect Eastern Standard Time.
- WCR cards will not earn any points during tournament play.
- The Tournaments will have progressive rounds.
- Persons playing in rounds must be registered and qualified players. The Site, may, in its sole discretion, allow substitute participants.
- Poker Tournament Chips have no cash value, and are only used to determine the overall tournament winner. Chips are to remain on the table and must be visible at all times. Any player failing to comply will result in their immediate disqualification from the tournament.
- Poker Tournament players cannot pool their tournament chips at any time and can only occupy one player position per round.
- The Table Games Floor Supervisor/Tournament Coordinator in charge of the tournament pit will settle all disputes at the time of incident during the Tournament.
- Each participant will play a minimum of one (1) hand per tournament day.
- All tournament prizes will be awarded as the participants are eliminated.
- All references to cash and prizes are in Canadian Dollars.
- In the event a winner(s) does not meet the eligibility requirements, then the OLG has no obligation to award any prize(s) to that winner. The Site reserves the right to disqualify winners and forfeit prizes if the winner does not meet all of the contest rules and regulations.
- The entrant agrees to abide by all tournament rules as published or amended. All procedures and an outline of the Poker Tournament will be explained to entrants upon registration. A copy of the rules and regulations will be available upon request.
- The winners will be required to sign, before receiving the prize, a declaration and release, confirming tournament eligibility, compliance with the tournament rules and releasing OLG including any management agency and any independent judging organization from any liability in connection with the conduct of the tournament and or the awarding of prizes. The winner agrees to the use of their name, address, voice, image, photograph or other likeness for publicity purposes without compensation.
- The Site reserves the right to verify the full legal name and address of the claimant with the information on the selected entry form (Government issued photo ID will be required).
- OLG is not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the Poker Tournament at the Site or awarding prizes in the event of circumstances beyond the OLG’s control.
- Any personal information provided to or collected by OLG, including but not limited to entrants’ contact information, is collected pursuant to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999 and is intended to be used for the following principal purposes: to conduct and administer the contests by OLG, including but not limited to the awarding of the Prize(s), displaying guest’s names on leader boards with their consent, and referring to such personal information in voice messages. For further information see the Winner’s Circle Rewards desk, or call the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
- Patrons with self-excluded, trespassed or archived status, as determined by OLG, will not be eligible for any gifts/prizes associated with this or any contests, promotions, tournaments or giveaways at any gaming facility at which OLG conducts and manages gaming.
- OLG reserves the right to change or alter this Promotion, as it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, making changes or alterations to these Rules and Regulations relating to the accommodation of participants in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
- These Official Rules and Regulations govern this poker tournament and must be followed and by agreeing to participate in the contest, all entrants agree to comply with and bound by these official Rules and Regulations.
- This poker tournament is subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal Laws of Canada as applicable.
Any questions relating to this program please visit the Winner’s Circle Rewards
Desk or contact the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
Pour obtenir ce document en français, passez au comptoir Récompenses du Cercle des