Official Rules & Regulations
$250 Poker Tournament
OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Lottery and Gaming
May 6, 2017
- The $250 Poker Tournament (the “Tournament”) is sponsored by Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (“OLG”) and is open to residents of Canada and the United States of America, who (at the time of participation) are: (i) nineteen (19) years of age or older; and (ii) not inactive, self-excluded, archived or trespassed, all as determined by OLG in its sole discretion. Volunteers, employees, officers and directors of OLG, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”) or an employee of an OLG operator, service provider or any other designate operating lottery schemes on OLG’s behalf, or any of OLG’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies are not eligible to participate.
- In the event a selected entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements stated herein, then OLG has no obligation to award any prize in relation to that selected entrant.
- These Tournaments will take place at OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie (the “Site”).
- The entry fee will be two hundred and twenty dollars ($220.00 CAD), plus a thirty dollar ($30.00 CAD) Administration Fee in Canadian currency.
HOW TO ENTER
- The Tournament will take place on Saturday, May 6, 2017 beginning at 4:00 p.m.
- Seats are non-transferable; however any player is eligible for a refund of their registration fee until one (1) hour before the start of the Tournament either in person or by phone. Refunds are issued in the same form as payment was received. All payments received by chips or debit will be refunded in cash.
- Registration for the Tournament will commence two (2) weeks prior on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. and will end one (1) hour prior to the start of the Tournament. The first thirty three (33) players that pay will be entered in the Tournament. Registration for all seats will be handled in either of the following two (2) ways:
In Person: Registration takes place at the Main Cage at the Site. The patron will register with the Cashier, pay the applicable fee and receive a receipt in return. The patron will then present their receipt to the Table Games Floor Supervisor in the Poker Room or Table Games Pit on the day of the Tournament. In the event that the number of eligible persons that register for the Tournament day is less than nine (9) the Tournament will be cancelled and no prizes will be awarded for the Tournament. Registration fees will be returned.
By Telephone: Players can pre-register for the Tournament by calling 1-800-826-8946 Ext. 5863 or, 705-541-5863. All Players registering by phone must pay with a valid credit card. The person paying the registration fee must present the credit card at the Site on the day of the Tournament.
- All qualified participants must provide the following information at the time of payment for registration:
- Full Legal Name
- Valid Government Photo Identification
- Valid Credit Card if (applicable)
- Winner’s Circle Rewards Card Number (if applicable)
- In the event the Tournament is sold out, a player without a seat may request to have their name added to the waiting list located in the Main Pit, up until the beginning of round seven (7) of the Tournament. As seats become available, participants will be contacted by announcing their names over the in-house PA system in the order from which the names were added. Participants will be given a pre-determined amount of time to return to the Poker Pit to claim their seat. Participants must immediately pay the entry fee and applicable administration fee to secure their seat in the Tournament. If seats become available on the day of the Tournament due to players dropping out, players’ names will be announced in succession from the waiting list in the order from which the names were added. Players that have been eliminated can have their names added to the bottom of the waiting list. If a seat becomes available they may re-enter the Tournament by paying an entry fee of Two hundred and twenty dollars ($220.00 CAD) plus a Thirty dollar ($30.00 CAD) administration fee. Each Player called from the waiting list will report to the Tournament Coordinator in the Tournament area. Once round seven (7) has started no more names will be announced from the waiting list.
- Refunds are issued in the same form as payment and only up until one (1) hour prior to the start of the Tournament. All payments received by chips or by debit will be refunded in cash. Patrons must provide valid photo ID for all refunds made in person. Refunds processed over the phone will need to be verified with the original credit card used.
LOCATION OF TOURNAMENT
- There will be a maximum of three (3) poker game tables available for each Tournament. The Tournament will take place in The Poker Pit at the Site.
- The Tournament is based on a maximum of thirty-three (33) participants at one (1) time and a minimum of nine (9) participants per Tournament day.
- The Poker Tournament will commence at 4:00 p.m. and will end at such time as the final round concludes and the Tournament Champion is declared. Pre-registered participants will need their registration fee paid in full one (1) hour prior to the start of the Tournament. The Tournament will not be delayed due to late arrivals. Participants who arrive late will be assigned a seat, have their chips placed on the table and the blinds will be taken in turn until their bankroll is exhausted or until the player presents themselves to participate in the Tournament.
- OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie rules for Texas Hold’Em Poker are in effect.
TABLE & SEAT SELECTION
- Once the total number of entrants has been finalized for the Tournament, the table and seat assignment process will commence. Seat assignments will be determined by a random draw. Twelve thousand dollars ($12,000.00 CAD) worth of Tournament chips will be placed on the Poker Table in front of each seat.
- This will be a no-limit Hold’Em Tournament. Each participant will start with twelve thousand dollars ($12,000.00 CAD) worth of OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie Tournament chips. Players must participate in each hand for each round for which they participate in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
|Round||Small Blind||Big Blind||Ante||Flop||4th Street||5th Street||Time|
|1st||$25||$50||$0||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|2nd||$50||$100||$0||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|3rd||$100||$200||$0||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|10 minute break|
|4th||$200||$400||$25||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|5th||$300||$600||$50||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|6th||$400||$800||$75||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|30 minute meal break
*NO MORE ENTRIES AFTER ROUND SEVEN (7) STARTS
|7th||$500||$1,000||$100||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|8th||$600||$1,200||$200||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|9th||$800||$1,600||$200||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|10 minute break|
|10th||$1,000||$2,000||$300||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|11th||$1,200||$2,400||$400||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|12th||$1,500||$3,000||$500||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|10 minute break|
|13th||$2,000||$4,000||$500||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|14th||$2,500||$5,000||$500||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|15th||$3,000||$6,000||$1,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|10 minute break|
|16th||$4,000||$8,000||$1,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|17th||$5,000||$10,000||$1,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|18th||$6,000||$12,000||$2,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|10 minute break|
|19th||$8,000||$16,000||$2,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|20th||$10,000||$20,000||$3,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|21st||$12,000||$24,000||$4,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|10 minute break|
|22nd||$15,000||$30,000||$5,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|23rd||$20,000||$40,000||$5,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|24th||$25,000||$50,000||$5,000||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||$ No-Limit||30 Min|
|10 minute break|
|Blinds and Antes will double every thirty (30) minutes after round twenty four (24)|
- **The Pit Manager reserves the right to extend any round time due to slow play or unforeseen circumstances.
- **In the event that the Tournament is not down to one (1) final winner by 3:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 7, 2017 a chip count will take place and the Tournament will resume on Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
FINAL TABLE (11 participants)
- A maximum of eleven (11) participants will advance to the Final Table. As the participants are eliminated they will place in order of elimination.
- The prizes for the Tournament day will be shared by the top five (5) place finishers as follows:
|1st Place||35% of Prize Pool|
|2nd Place||25% of Prize Pool|
|3rd Place||20% of Prize Pool|
|4th Place||12.5% of Prize Pool|
|5th Place||7.5% of Prize Pool|
- The winners of the cash prizes will be issued an OLG Prize Voucher that may only be redeemed for cash at the Cage Cashier at the Site. Winners must present valid Government Photo Identification. The OLG Prize Voucher will have the following copy on it:
- Customer’s name; prize amount; and Winner’s Circle Rewards number (if applicable)
- Each winner must redeem the OLG Prize Voucher within seven (7) days of the date of issue at the Cage Cashier at the Site, failing which the prize will not be awarded and OLG will have no obligation to award any prize to that winner.
- The following people are authorized to sign off on the OLG Prize Vouchers:
- General Manager
- Casino Manager
- Casino Shift Manager
- Pit Manager
- Customer Relations Supervisor (CRS)
- Customer Relations Manager
***Presentation of valid Government issued Photo Identification is required prior to the redemption of an OLG Prize Voucher. The Cage Cashier will be required to match the name on the OLG Prize Voucher with the prize list provided by the Pit Manager. The winning participant will be asked to sign the OLG Prize Voucher in front of the Cage Cashier in order to receive the cash.
- All OLG Prize Vouchers not claimed as provided above will be delivered to the Cage at the Site. These unclaimed OLG Prize Vouchers will be kept in the cage for seven (7) days following the Tournament date, after which, unclaimed cash prize(s) will not be awarded and OLG will have no obligation to award any cash prize to those winner(s).
- At all times during Tournament play; a Site Pit Manager (Poker Tournament Coordinator) will be available to ensure that the Tournament is conducted in accordance with the official Rules and Regulations.
- Notwithstanding rule 1, OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie reserves the right to deny an applicant or reject an applicant, once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper. The final right of decision to include or disqualify any participant(s) or finalist(s) rests with the Casino Shift Manager or above, of OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie.
- OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie reserves the right to cancel or alter the $250 Poker Tournament for any reason, at any time or from time to time, including on or before each tournament date. If cancelled, all participants will be notified and no liability will be attached to OLG.
- OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie and its’ respective directors, employees and agents are not liable for any claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses the participants or finalists may incur while taking part in, or resulting from the participation in the Poker Tournament.
- All references to times and dates reflect Eastern Standard Time.
- Winner’s Circle Rewards cards will not earn any points during Tournament play.
- The Tournament will have progressive rounds.
- Poker Tournament Chips have no cash value, and are only used to determine the overall Tournament winner. Chips are to remain on the table and must be visible at all times. Any player failing to comply will result in their immediate disqualification from the tournament.
- Tournament players cannot pool their Tournament chips at any time and can only occupy one (1) player position per round.
- The Table Games Floor Supervisor/Tournament Coordinator in charge of the Tournament pit will settle all disputes at the time of incident during the Tournament.
- Each participant will play a minimum of one (1) hand per Tournament day.
- All Tournament prizes will be awarded as the participants are eliminated.
- All references to cash and prizes are in Canadian Dollars.
- In the event a winner(s) does not meet the eligibility requirements, then the OLG has no obligation to award any prize(s) to that winner. OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie reserves the right to disqualify winners and forfeit prizes if the winner does not meet all of the contest rules and regulations.
- Any dispute that may arise during Tournament play will be submitted to the Tournament Coordinator whose decision will be final.
- The entrant agrees to abide by all Tournament rules as published or amended. All procedures and an outline of the Tournament will be explained to entrants upon registration. A copy of the rules and regulations will be available upon request.
- The winners will be required to sign, before receiving the prize, a declaration and release, confirming Tournament eligibility, compliance with the Tournament rules and releasing OLG including any management agency and any independent judging organization from any liability in connection with the conduct of the Tournament and or the awarding of prizes. The winner agrees to the use of their name, address, voice, image, photograph or other likeness for publicity purposes without compensation.
- OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie reserves the right to verify the full legal name and address of the claimant with the information on the selected entry form (Government issued photo ID will be required).
- Any personal information provided to or collected by OLG, including but not limited to entrants’ contact information, is collected pursuant to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999 and is intended to be used for the following principal purposes: to conduct and administer the contests by OLG, including but not limited to the awarding of the Prize(s), displaying guest’s names on leader boards with their consent, and referring to such personal information in voice messages. For further information see the Winner’s Circle Rewards desk, or call the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
- Patrons with self-excluded, trespassed or archived status, as determined by OLG, will not be eligible for any gifts/prizes associated with this or any contests, promotions, tournaments or giveaways at any gaming facility at which OLG conducts and manages gaming.
- OLG reserves the right to change or alter this Promotion, as it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, making changes or alterations to these Rules and Regulations relating to the accommodation of participants in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
- These Official Rules and Regulations govern this poker tournament and must be followed and by agreeing to participate in the contest, all entrants agree to comply with and bound by these official Rules and Regulations.
- This poker tournament is subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal Laws of Canada as applicable.
Any questions relating to this program please visit the Winner’s Circle Rewards
Desk or contact the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
Pour obtenir ce document en français, passez au comptoir Récompenses du Cercle des gagnants.